Click to Home
About UsDepartmentsCommunity RelationsI'm Looking For...
View all facilities

Station 61

Station 61 replaces the oldest fire station in the District, which was built in 1954. The new Fire Station 61 opened in 2011.  It is a four-bay station that houses a paramedic engine staffed by  three personnel, a ladder truck staffed by four personnel and a paramedic squad staffed by two personnel.

There are also multiple specialty pieces of apparatus housed at Fire Station 61 that are cross-staffed by personnel on the ladder truck and paramedic engine.  These pieces of equipment include a Hazardous Materials unit, an Urban Search and Rescue unit and Water Tender 61.  The on-duty battalion chief is based out of at Fire Station 61.